Your business is potentially sitting on a goldmine of data that you didn’t even know you had, look further and you will probably find some amazing nuggets ready to be discovered, such as;
- Existing clients you can sell other products and services to.
- Old clients, can they be resold to?
- Prospects – people you’ve met who you haven’t followed up with.
All these and more will be sitting in some kind of database, so how do you find value in your own data? you just need to find it.
So how do you find it? well start at the beginning although you now may use a CRM system, how did you collate data originally, maybe it was a crd index file or even an old show box for all those cards you collected at networking meeting – either way go back relook and find them. It is never to late to remake contact and email marketing offers a very cost effective way to do this, to make that introduction and try to start that conversation all over again. So when you have all this old data when then…
Some questions to ask yourself?
- Where is this data? – is it in one big list or maybe our receptionist has a list from people who walked in, your sales staff from business cards.
- What kind of format is it in? – Do you have any history with this data, i.e. where it was acquired from, who spoke to the contact etc etc
- Has it been de duplicated? – important if you are planning on multiple mail shots.
- Is it compliant with the data protection act? – this comes back to how the data was acquired, was it acquired by a trawl through records by a keen salesperson or did someone actually contact everyone on your lists?
And if all this seems to much trouble then why not ask the team at mailPDQ to help make sense of what you have and how you can use it to your businesses advantage, you can contact us here.