Let’s be quite clear from the start, Social media activity does not directly improve your business website SEO ranking, however, the content you share and the links you share directly increase your brand exposure. Taken cumulatively these do add up over time and influence SEO in these five key areas.
- A far wider distribution of your content – your content by default will be at the very least seen by a far great audience than if it were just sat on your website. Also once you’ve created this amazing content why would you not want to share it with a far wider audience, the size of this audience will by default be larger than you can gain on your website.
- Any content you post on Social Media can be reused – too often an update is created on your website used once and then left alone, with Social Media you can reuse again posts and updates that are relevant for your audience, take this post from June last year – Local Search Engine Optimzation, still shared often by ourselves as the content is still relevant and important.
- Far more visibility online for your business brand and therefore traffic – Social Media is a great place to share your content and bring a human face to your business, for example those pictures of the new delivery van or new members of staff or Macmillan cake sale, all of these increase the visibility and reach of your business over a far wider audience and if its good content that will improve traffic to your site.
- You will boost your local SEO – Local SEO is very important these days (we’ve written about that more here) and if you tag or make your social media updates geographic related to your area they can only enhance that local SEO.
- You will vastly improve your brand recognition – You want to be known don’t you, your business thought of at at the very least recognised? So get posting on social media, if you have a clear brand you’ll then be recognised and if you concentrate on your area of expertise, you’ll also be known for that.
Getting your business working on Social Media shouldn’t be an afterthought – the businesses that succeed will be the ones that make it integral to their strategy from the start. If you need help in ensuring your business is working correctly then please call us on 01392 241653 or talk to us through the website here for a no-obligation conversation.