The importance of creating great content about your business or products you offer at the right time has been shown to have a direct benefit to drive demand for this offering and at the same time improve the all important bottom line. To make sure you get the most out of any content you create here are our top five tips;
- keep it relevant – don’t just write some generic mumbo jumbo, who is your audience, your target market? If you write with them in mind you will have far greater engagement and by its very nature a greater response rate, which is surely what you want isn’t it?
- don’t just promote – at the end of the day we all want to sell our products or services but if you do this all day every day then people will disengage with you (your business) and more than likely not welcome any future communication updates.
- quality of the content – what you create needs to be written, or at the very least ‘helped’ by the relevant person, so if you’re a hotel writing about the amazing meals you offer then get your chef to share and help – thats common sense surely?
- it is applicable to your business – we see this so many times, where a business creates content that is in no way relevant for your business, not even slightly – not only would this give poor results but it could also damage the businesses reputation.
- does it offer benefit to the reader – as with all content creation you need to think with your reader in mind, what are you offering them, think like a customer so don’t just promote, offer them something of value. To use the example of a hotel why not offer a small article on how to make amazing cranberry sauce this festive season
So in summary if you can offer a relevant targeted message about your business this will have a direct result on engagement and interest. make no doubt about it if you can create great content you will gain more sales leads and improve the quality of your website traffic further promoting your brand.
A short mention for GleaveMedia, we can help with your content creation needs and requirements and help your business achieve it’s targets, just get in touch here.